Me in a nutshell
I am skilled at innovative concept & strategy work, which led me to help many startups and established companies to increase there user engagement & revenue. My focus is on action and translating visions into lean steps for tomorrow.
My entrepreneurial mindset keeps me alert and lets me think in opportunities & challenges. If one will show itself, I take action, lead and I am not afraid to fight for what I believe in. Though challenges, expand creativity & build character.
UX & Service Designer
Design enables us to empower peoples lives as it can make the hard, easier. UX lets me connect with people and understand there challenges. I enjoy positively suprise users with delightful experiences.
The formule for success
Ikigai - a reason for being
Make things that matters and create a positive impact
When I say design, I mean business
A valuable designer knows his/her business, it is about aligning the user goals with business goals. Balancing value and income for a bright future.
User experience design
Is about understanding the deep motivation behind the need and knowing what they are trying to achieve.
Then design a delightful journey that goes beyond their expectations, by thinking a head.
Creating successful services
By starting with WHY, connecting with users on purpose and making educated data driven decisions to provide real value that will enrich and simplify their lives.
5 steps process
From post-its to tested hypothesis
Aftenposten, the biggest premium newspaper of Norway and fight for the survival of in-depended journalism
Today we are building slowly towards our vision of 2018, we have achieved major steps both in front page technology as well as personalisation.
Running many different lean experiments, allowed us as a small team to make iterative changes to our products that have increased usability, engagement and revenue.
- A vision & strategy for the future of publishing, as guiding roadmap
- Won Google funding for a news concept for the young generation (16-28)
- Brand identity facelift with new design tool kit
- Re-imagining the business model and communication strategy for 2017
- Redesigning the web, iOS and Android app
- 15% increase in the conversation rate by rethinking the sales funnel (first release)
- Growing design culture in Schibsted, by organise UX lunches and co-working days here in Oslo
- + some secret projects.
Squla’s is an online learning platform for kids, successfully combining fun and education
We redesigned the platform during multiple months with the internal team of illustrators and creative managers. We worked on game design, education formats, app design, product value communication, conversion optimalisation and much more.
A beautiful redesigned product was the result of good team work. A brand facelift combined with user experience and emotional design to establish a deeper connection between the user and Squla.
Besides design i was able to help speed up concept development by representing the user and visualising ideas quickly. But also helping the team to work using the lean method.
- Complete platform redesign, resulting in increased usability and user engagement Casestudy | Website
- New educational learning formats and games
- Checkout funnel conversion optimalization. The research and redesign turned checkout times of 10 to 30 min, into under a 1 minute
- Concept & strategy for the new iOS app, an unique mission driven experience
- Keynote demos to gain new partnerships, supporting plans to expand outside the Netherlands
Startup Real Time Stats is a cross-platform analytics suite for contact centers, delivering actionable insights at your finger tips
I was hired to help the startup turn their technical product, into a human-centerd dashboard solution that contact centers can depend on anytime, anywhere. Making the technical, practical so to say. Projects for brand identity, their website and internet marketing strategy followed.
Mapping out their workflows to identified the core needs and challenges. Helped us creating solutions that weren't in the market yet. Using rapid prototyping and testing to create the first demos and identified the model of the end product.
A very interesting project with many angles and backed by a great team of people. We turned a high quality technical server into human-centered cross-platform product. Making this startup ready for the world.
- Turned an amazing technical solution into a human-centered product solution Casestudy
- A cross-platform and device product, available in both white-label and tailored design
- Complete brand identity design & strategy
- Website with content strategy Casestudy | Website
- Analog promotion material for events
- Internet marketing and SEO (search engine optimalisation) strategy
How is it to work with me, see what clients & colleagues are saying
Chief Product Officer at Squla
Ole Andreas Sandbo
Head of Innovation at Schibsted
Others companies i have worked for
as Lead UX, Service designer and Creative DirectorView casestudies