Helping them by running various design workshops. From creating a tested & validated concept direction for their "digital coach" service, to a Service Blueprint workshop and supporting the management in kickstarting a user-centered value proposition for the Norwegian welfare in 2020.
Me in a nutshell
I have helped many startups and established companies successfully rethink and launch innovative solutions. Increasing there user engagement & revenue. Defining a strong purpose and translating visions into actionable steps for tomorrow.
My entrepreneurial mindset keeps me alert, aware of emerging technologies and lets me think in opportunities & challenges. If one shows itself, I take action, lead and back it up by data. Though challenges, expand creativity & build character.
Design enables us to empower peoples lives as it can make the hard, easier. Empathy and research let's us connect with people and understand there stories and needs. I enjoy to positively surprise users with delightful experiences.
The formule for success
Ikigai - a reason for being
Make things that matters and create a honest, positive impact
Strategy / Service Design
Through service design we get a high level perspective and make validated data-driven decisions. Running experiments to lower risk and increase certainty, while saving on resources.
Balancing user with business value for a bright sustainable future. When I say design, I mean business
User experience design
By collaborating with our users, we get a solid understanding of their the deep motivation behind their needs, challenges, emotions and expectations. Knowing their story allows us to improve ours and design better.
Creating a delightful journey that goes beyond their expectations, by thinking a head.
Successful Services & Products
By starting with WHY, collaborating with with users and making educated data driven decisions. We can now move with certainty in our direction, enabling people to take on their challenge as we build lean and iteratively to a perfect experience.
Making sure we only design what is needed, providing real value on the right time and format, that will enrich and simplify their lives.
3 steps process
From post-its to tested hypothesis
Successfully jumpstart the value proposition for welfare 2020, in 3-hours. Facilitate and introduce NAV on the design thinking
Then splitting up in two teams of 5 making sure everyone is motivated to participate (incl. two facilitators and ambassadors), allowed for a successful outcome. Summarizing and next steps for the workshop was done another day with the ambassadors in a wrapup session.
Through these workshops we were able to help NAV create human-centered validated concepts with actionable outcomes. Like presentations to communicate the results through the organization and actionable hypothesis sheets, to start distribution of work across teams.
- A succesful 3-day Google Design Sprint for Digital Coach, established a validated direction the team continued on
- A succesful value proposition workshop including wrap up session, established actionable steps for the management
- My contribution helped introduce and educate NAV's various departments on the value of Design Thinking, they are now running multiple design workshops
- My contribution led to more projects for Service Design agency Idean, across NAVs different departments
The survival of in-depended journalism - with Aftenposten, the biggest premium newspaper of Norway
We continuesly build towards our vision of 2018, we have achieved major steps both in front page algorithm technology as well as personalisation (won 4 awards).
Running many different LEAN experiments, allowed us as a small team to make iterative changes to our products that have increased usability, engagement and revenue.
- A innovative vision & strategy for the future of publishing, as guiding roadmap
- Won Google funding for a news concept for the young generation (age 16-28)
- Brand identity facelift, succesfully connect with the new generation
- Creating a design language system, speeding up development across Aftenposten
- Designed algorithmic frontpage, we won 4 awards and freedup important time from editors
- Helping achieve a 400% increase in the conversation rate by rethinking the sales funnel (first release)
- Helping re-imagine the business model and communication strategy for 2017
- Redesigning the website, iOS and Android app, increasing user engagement and lowering churn
- Growing design culture in Schibsted, by organise UX lunches and co-working days here in Oslo
- + some secret projects.
Making child education fun - with Squla, an online learning platform for kids
We redesigned the platform during multiple months with the internal team of illustrators and creative managers. We worked on game design, education formats, app design, product value communication, conversion optimalisation and much more.
A beautiful redesigned product was the result of good team work. A brand facelift combined with user experience and emotional design to establish a deeper connection between the user and Squla.
Besides design i was able to help speed up concept development by representing the user and visualising ideas quickly. But also helping the team to work using the lean method.
- Complete platform redesign, resulting in increased usability and user engagement Casestudy | Website
- New educational learning formats and games
- Checkout funnel conversion optimalization. The research and redesign turned checkout times of 10 to 30 min, into under a 1 minute
- Concept & strategy for the new iOS app, an unique mission driven experience
- Keynote pitch demos to gain new partnerships abroad, supporting plans to expand outside the Netherlands
Startup Real Time Stats is a cross-platform analytics suite for contact centers, delivering actionable insights at your finger tips
I was hired to help the startup turn their technical product, into a human-centerd dashboard solution that contact centers can depend on anytime, anywhere. Making the technical, practical so to say. Projects for brand identity, their website and internet marketing strategy followed.
Mapping out their workflows to identified the core needs and challenges. Helped us creating solutions that weren't in the market yet. Using rapid prototyping and testing to create the first demos and identified the model of the end product.
A very interesting project with many angles and backed by a great team of people. We turned a high quality technical server into human-centered cross-platform product. Making this startup ready for the world.
- Turned an amazing technical solution into a human-centered product solution Casestudy
- A cross-platform and device product, available in both white-label and tailored design
- Complete brand identity design & strategy
- Website with content strategy Casestudy | Website
- Analog promotion material for events
- Internet marketing and SEO (search engine optimalisation) strategy
How is it to work with me, see what clients & colleagues are saying
Chief Product Officer at Squla
Ole Andreas Sandbo
Head of Innovation at Schibsted